Tuesday 3 May 2016

Omni ORB creating problems

Omni ORB is the Rock's Object Request Broker. What it basically does among many other things is to allow objects to interact in different address spaces irrespective of architecture,operating systems or even in the network. Rock relies on Omni ORB for its naming service and there are no other options available.Further Omni ORB is relatively easy to port and has already been tested with RTEMS.That makes my job even easier.  :)

My problem statement now is to understand the naming service of Omni ORB. Now I have installed Omni ORB but I could not configure the naming service. I would be spending a lot of time on this tomorrow.

As per my plan after this I would start of phase-1 i.e adding RTEMS support to Orocos RTT. There's still time in the community bonding period. So I am on schedule :).

No comments:

Post a Comment